Handling Personal Information
Apiste Corporation believes that it is very important to protect the personal information of our customers, and has established the following policy regarding the handling of personal information. This policy is strictly observed throughout the company.
1. What is Personal Information?
"Personal information" is information about a living individual that can be used to identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, and other information (including those that can be easily matched with other information to identify the specific individual), or information that includes a personal identification code.
2. Purpose of Using Personal Information
Apiste Corporation receives personal information from customers in order to provide them with information about products and services.
The personal information that Apiste Corporation collects from customers are used for the following purposes:
(1) Convey sales activities associated with products and services
- Provide and convey the latest information on products and services as well as technical information
- Convey information on various campaigns, exhibitions, etc.
- Distribute advertisements related products, services, various campaigns, etc.
- Provide information on product specification changes and maintenance
- Shipment of products, response to inquiries from customers, etc.
In order to achieve these purposes, Apiste Corporation may analyze the browsing history, purchase history, and other information that Apiste Corporation has acquired from customers and distribute information and advertisements according to the interests and preferences of customers.
(2) Conduct surveys related with planning, development, and improvement of products or service improvements to customers
- Conduct surveys related to product development and improvement, etc.
- Conduct surveys related to enhancing and improving service content, etc.
(3) Distribute advertisements according to the interests and preferences of customers
- Analyze information such as customer browsing history and display advertisements according to customer interests and preferences on our website and websites of other companies.
(4) Improve the convenience of our website
- Assistance when customer logs in to our authentication service.
- Conduct survey related to usage of our website.
3. Appropriate Management of Personal Information
Apiste Corporation will comply with laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information. In order to ensure the safe management of personal information, Apiste Corporation will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information, including the following:
(1) Establish basic handling methods for acquiring, using, and storing personal information in company regulations.
(2) Provide training opportunities for employees to ensure they thoroughly understand the above company regulations.
(3) Designate devices that can handle personal information, and manage/restrict the use of such devices using IDs, etc.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Apiste Corporation will not disclose personal information of a customer to any third party, except with the prior consent of the customer and as required by law.
5. Outsourcing of Personal Information Handling
Apiste Corporation may outsource the handling of personal information within the scope of the aforementioned "Purpose of Using Personal Information" for business tasks related to the operation of our website, the management of customer personal information, and other reasons.
In such cases, Apiste Corporation will strictly supervise and manage the handling of personal information by the outsourcer.
"Cookies" are small text files that are downloaded to the browser of your device (computer, smartphone, etc.) when you visit a website. By using cookies, Apiste Corporation can recognize your device and learn information about your browsing history and use of our website.
You can disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings, but by doing so, you may not be able to use some of the services on our website.
We're here to give you quick answers to your questions.